Press room
Bebé Due and the Sant Joan de Déu Hospital are working together to help premature babies
Barcelona
16th November, 2011

The hospital's research supports the belief that the maternity skin-to-skin sling from Bebé Due is beneficial to the development of premature babies.
The Sant Joan de Déu Hospital chose the Bebé Due maternity skin-to-skin sling three years ago, and it has now been demonstrated that this sling has assisted the recovery of babies born preterm.

The maternity skin-to-skin sling allows a baby to be in direct contact with the mother's skin, and this helps it to recover from the strain of the birthing process. The sling ensures that the baby is in a warm, peaceful and loving environment, even though it is in the relatively cold environment of a hospital ward.

The research 


For more than six years now, Bebé Due has been collaborating with the Sant Joan de Déu Hospital, which is considered to be at the forefront of mother-baby care. As part of this collaboration, Bebé Due funds two parallel studies related to premature babies. The first one studies the mechanisms of foetal and perinatal growth, taking epigenetic factors into account.

The second researches the possible impacts - on the adult lives of premature babies - of being born premature with low birth weight (75% of the babies admitted) or with congenital malformations, respiratory problems or infections (25 %).

The hospital has more than 130 years of experience, and specialises in the problems of women, children and adolescents. It combines the human side of healthcare with scientific progress. The studies funded by Bebé Due have as their starting point adverse perinatal conditions and focus on neurodevelopment. The importance of these studies lies in the fact that it is in the prenatal period when an unborn child experiences its fastest growth, and when the most important organs - in terms of the sort of life the baby will have as an adult - are formed.

Results

Some of the most significant results obtained in the course of these years have shown that heat, breastfeeding, breathing support and the skin-to-skin technique improve quality of life for these babies. 
The Sant Joan de Déu Hospital chose the Bebé Due maternity sling three years ago, for skin-to-skin therapy, and it has now been demonstrated that this sling has assisted the recovery of babies born preterm.

Benchmark hospital


The Sant Joan de Déu Hospital deals with 4,000 births a year. It also cared for 700 babies who were not born in the hospital and who were admitted because of either premature birth and low birth weight (75% of the total admitted), or congenital malformations, respiratory problems and infections (the remaining 25%)
The hospital has more than 130 years of experience, and specialises in the problems of women, children and adolescents. It combines the human side of healthcare with developing new scientific techniques.

Encuentro Sectorial Asepri
17th June, 2015
Bebé Due participates in a video about Child Restraint Systems
8th February, 2013
Bebé Due’s Otto Collection is setting an international trend
30th January, 2013
Liberto Folch named as the new Vice President of Asepri
22th January, 2013
The "España" brand has positioned itself in Kind & Jugend 2012 with a large stand exclusively dedicated to Spanish baby wear, children's clothes and babycare products.
13th September, 2012
Bebé Due is a finalist in the Todopapas Awards. Vote for us!
21th August, 2012
The USA aims to remove Bisphenol A from food and drink packaging
19th July, 2012
The Bebé Due Medic baby bottles features in the book, "Universal Design: The HUMBLES Method for User-Centred Business"
26th June, 2012
Hbaby opens the first Bebé Due store in Brazil
7th June, 2012
Bebé Due joins Iconotoy, a unified icon system for the sector
6th June, 2012
<
1
2
3
4
>